Teacher Created Materials is a 45-year+ old, award-winning publisher of educational and trade books and digital products. Recent growth has necessitated hiring an Academic Officer in our Professional Learning department to support our professional development services and to facilitate sales.
Teacher Created Materials offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Company Holidays
- Generous 401(K) Match
- Generous Childcare and Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Hybrid work schedule available after 90-day onboarding
- Plus more!
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, this individual will join a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization that values creative thinking, with a focus on meeting and exceeding goals. This role envisioned to manage and drive our company’s Impact Plan. There are the links between marketing, sales, content, academic officers and our community partners. They have extensive knowledge regarding education (PreK-12 preferably) and can readily apply knowledge. They stay current on educational policies, government structure and initiatives. They provide messaging of the company’s mission, vision & values to various audiences to develop key partnerships across company and community relations.
- Copywriting and messaging to varying targets – Write, edit and message advocating for educators, community partners, government officials and employees.
- Speech writing, press releases and email correspondences
- Knowledgeable and skilled at social media messaging – up to date with the newest trends
- Plan various size events in person and virtually – possible travel
- Film skills – can create quick videos capturing messages to enhance purpose/vision/mission
- Manages appointment schedule to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency by managing emails and calendar; planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, conferences, and travel (domestic and international).
- Organize strategic partners within our CRM System and create dashboards to measure ownership
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Represents the company by attending community facing meetings when available; communicates approved messages reinforcing the company’s policies, takes accurate notes and synthesize concise summaries.