- MS or PhD Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering, supported by a BS Degree in Engineering or Geology.
- PE License required in the state of Missouri.
- 14+ years of experience performing geologic field explorations and studies.
- Mentoring and supervisory experience.
- Experience with field reconnaissance mapping for civil projects, including landslides.
- Geologic interpretation and analysis using soil and rock samples retrieved from explorations.
- Subsurface exploration techniques including hollow-stem auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, rock coring, and test pit/trench logging.
- Organizing, contracting with, and directing subcontractors a plus.
- Construction observation and construction material testing of earthwork a plus.
- Pile/shaft foundation construction and retaining wall structure construction observation a plus.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word and Excel required; ESRI ArcGIS, desirable.
Typically, depending on an applicants education, experience, other qualifications they possess, if they are a fit for the company and local office culture, and the current business needs, a Senior-Level Engineering Geologist typically would be placed at a Shannon & Wilson Associate or Senior Associate level.
Shannon & Wilson offers a competitive benefits package to support our employees. These benefits include:
- Employee ownership
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage.
- Pre-tax health and daycare FSA
- Life and disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid volunteer day
- Free parking
Shannon & Wilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.