VP of Mission Advancement and Corporate Sponsorship
- Position Summary: Serves as a member of the President/CEO’s senior leadership team, providing strategic leadership in financial development to advance the YMCA’s mission and values through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. Assists the President/CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positioning the YMCA as a “charity of choice” for the investment of donations within the local community. This dynamic professional will help lead a culture of philanthropy.
- Duties/Responsibilities: In conjunction with the President/CEO, will help direct and coordinate association annual fundraising campaign, strategic planning for mission advancement and corporate sponsorships for events and facilities; Initiates the development of relationships with supporters to impact and strengthen the community; Will advance fundraising efforts through development of innovative approaches to donor identification, cultivation, contact relationship management, and solicitation of major gift prospects; Endowment outreach/recruitment/cultivation and recognition events; Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out fundraising plans and events; Drives annual giving strategies and events, including the YMCA We Build People Support Campaign ($500,000+ annual goal), Champions of Philanthropy Gala, Charity Golf Classic, Alden Esping Putting Classic, Legacy Dinner and other fundraising events; Research, prepare and coordinate proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations; Serves as primary staff to the Mission Advancement Committee & Donor Stewardship task force and other assigned committees of the Board of Directors and the Camp Endowment committee. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development; Maintains database resource file on top community leaders, donor prospects, alumni; Tracks and records gifts, pledges by source and purpose; tracks and records grants and foundation donations and provides reports as needed; Manages Donor Perfect donor contact relationship management software; Develops systems and manages resources needed to carry out fundraising plans; Establishes and monitors the financial development department budget for the YMCA; Develops appropriate fundraising policies and procedures for the association; Develops, implements and manages donor outreach, recognition, stewardship strategies, donor engagement and communication efforts including meetings, mailings, reports and events; Implement “donor-centric” communication to invite all current and prospective donors to make life changing impact through giving; Provides training in fund raising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process; Will lead community advocacy and partner relationships to advance the Y’s cause; Oversee healthy advocacy efforts in collaboration with funding partners, city council, business leaders and other partners; Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support; May plan and direct marketing and communication pieces; will be a key participant in the planning and team delivery of association meetings, annual events, annual reports, newsletters, brochures and reports; Work closely with other departments/employees promoting the attributes of being philanthropic; Represents the association as required by the President/CEO.
- Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred; Eight or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another not-for profit preferred; Ability to relate to and build impactful relationships with top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community; Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles; Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission; Knowledge of the media including social media and its impact in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs; Foundation and government grant writing expertise.; CFRE or equivalent preferred; YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Possess understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff; Experience with donor tracking preferred; Ability to use typical business software and office equipment; Must possess a positive attitude to work effectively with all levels of staff; Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times; Must possess excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve; As a YMCA Business Driver, the employee must possess a valid/current CA Driver’s License or other valid state driver’s license and must provide to the Y proof of minimum CA vehicle insurance coverage upon request & must also maintain an approved/acceptable driving record to continue as a Y Business Driver. An annual MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) will be conducted by the Y. Employees who are YMCA Business Drivers who do not maintain an acceptable driving record may be prohibited from being a Business Driver which could affect employment status; Must submit to and comply with all requirements for employment including, but not limited to, a criminal background check, drug/alcohol testing, health screening, TB test.
- Hours: Full-Time Exempt
- Wage: $90,000 to $120,000 per year
- Worksite: Administration Office
- Refer to the Job Description for more details on the duties/qualifications of the position available from Human Resources.