SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation of the non-ambulance medical transportation vehicle and the transportation of wheelchair bound patients. The Driver must have a working knowledge of how a wheelchair works, how to move a patient in a wheelchair and how to properly load and secure a wheelchair, with patient, in the vehicle. Additionally, the Driver is responsible for the daily inspection and minor maintenance of the vehicle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Inspects the wheelchair vehicle at the beginning and the end of the shift according to established procedures.
· Completes vehicle check-off during each shift.
· Reports needed repairs, etc., to supervisor and/or other support personnel.
· Is responsible for the safe transport of patients and riders.
· Responsible for maintaining an accurate log of daily transports.
· Responsible for the completion of paperwork for each transport.
· Responsible for the collection of payments when so indicated. Will generate a receipt for payment and submit payment with paperwork, at the end of the shift, to the supervisor and/or designee.
· Responsible for a full knowledge of the vehicle’s equipment and its proper use at all times.
· Upon completion of a call, is responsible for placing the vehicle back into service.
· Is responsible for radio/phone communication from the field (vehicle) to the Communications Center.
· Responsible for precepting new employees.
· Respects and holds in confidence all information of a confidential nature obtained in the course of professional work unless required by company policies/procedures to divulge such information.
· Adheres to standards of personal ethics which reflect credit upon the position.
· Performs as an EMS Driver on the ambulance as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, high pressure
Frequently: Intense tasks.
Occasionally: Walking inside, carrying no greater than 75 pounds, kneeling, stooping, bending, and leaning. Walking up/down stairs. Pushing patients seated in a wheelchair.
Frequently: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, typing.
Constantly: Sitting, seeing.
Occasionally: Extended day. May be exposed to an uncontrolled environment to which the Driver could be exposed to harm and exposure to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infections materials.
Constantly: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact, inside/outside. Able to work in all types of weather conditions, including, but not limited to rain, snow, heat, etc.
Frequently: Analyzing, decision making.
Constantly: Simple reading and writing, high math and writing skills, clerical, memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple math skills, judgment, reasoning.
Occasionally: stapler, sharpener, calculator.
Frequently: Telephone, cell phone, terminal, facsimile, computer/typewriter, keyboard, wheelchair, wheelchair vehicle, wheelchair lift, straps.