2/3 TIME EYE CARE CLINIC ASSISTANT
Department: Clinic Organization: Reports to Site Manager
Type: 24-29HR/WK Minimum Experience: Entry Level
We are seeking a happy, positive person to assist the doctors in any way by performing accurate preliminary testing, reduce patients anxiety, instill confidence in the care they receive and support the PCLI Corporate mission.
An Opportunity to Think Different
- Determine patients reason for visit and treatment expected.
- Perform preliminary tests and collect information as necessary to best facilitate the physicians diagnosis and treatment.
- Explain the procedures to be used and the purpose for each test performed and answer any questions posed by the patient.
- Using the electronic health record program, Next Gen, enter patient information, health history, medications, testing information, etc.
- Put patients at ease by informing them of any anticipated waiting times and make them comfortable during the wait.
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients and ensure the physician sees the patients in the proper order.
- Ensure all treatment rooms and the central supply cupboard are well stocked at all times.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure that all testing equipment is in proper condition, is prepared for use during operating hours, and is turned off and covered after the last patient is seen each day.
- Engage in general office duties (i.e. scheduling patients by telephone) between patients and during non-patient times as needed.
- Participate in the team environment by displaying and following through with an attitude of being willing to help co-workers in any way.
- Travel in company vehicles and small planes to other sites.
- Make surgery phone calls.
- Other related duties as required.
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am-1:00 pm
This positions schedule will vary according to patient schedules and clinic needs.
- Working computer knowledge experienced in Microsoft Word
- Good communication skills, written and spoken
- Pleasant, cooperative, caring attitude
- Good listening skills
- The ability to work with a team to set and to achieve common goals
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good driving record with driving record check upon job offer
- Able to sit for extended period of time
- Reach and stoop to file levels
- Answer telephone
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Use keyboard