By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
We are seeking an Advanced Research Associate for Bio-Techne’s Protein Purification department in Minneapolis. Our group supports 5000 different protein products used in academic research, pharmaceutical research, and all facets of biological science including: neurodegenerative diseases, stem cell research, glycobiology, developmental biology, etc. This individual will collaborate with many different departments to support the manufacturing processes of our products and contribute to the ongoing development of our growing and evolving portfolio. This position provides a potential for growth and career advancements within the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to gain problem solving and troubleshooting experience in a collaborative lab environment. This position also provides continuous learning and development, flexible working hours, and the ability to learn and apply a variety of lab techniques every day.
- Purify proteins and enzymes for restock and modify existing protocols.
- Perform chromatography and SDS-PAGE.
- Revise protocols after making modifications for process methods.
- Follow standard operating procedures.
- Maintain lab equipment (concentrators, pH meter, columns, etc.).
- Maintain lab order and cleanliness.
- Filter and aliquot product for bulk storage.
- Prepare common buffers and reagents.
- Improve operation efficiency and contribute to reducing costs.
- Work with supervisor and manager to facilitate scheduling of projects.
- Maintain compliance with quality training and documentation.
- Follow company policies and practices as outline in the Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.