At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Tax Manager. Working with Partners and Managers to lead, mentor and coach team members in various areas of tax compliance and across consulting engagements in an effort to help clients minimize tax liabilities. They are responsible for management of engagements and client communications while promoting a collaborative environment to bring value to clients.
- Exhibits a high level understanding of technical requirements, procedures and principles
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of specialized industry and/or regulatory requirements
- Helps to manage and monitor preparation and review of complex S Corporation, C Corporation, partnership, multistate and individual tax returns, including projections and estimate calculations
- Reviews and advises on technical research memorandum
- Researches and reviews work papers for various book to tax differences
- Ability to apply relevant tax law to particular clients and circumstances
- Identifies area of specialization and is continuously refining skills, knowledge and expertise
- Collaborates with others to provide quality service to clients
- Engages in professional and efficient communication with clients
- Leads client meetings
- Promotes additional services to client when appropriate
- Develops intimate knowledge of clients and their business activities
- Communicates with the IRS and other state authorities in a professional manner when applicable
- Effectively delegates responsibility providing proper instructions, monitoring and coaching
- Conducts training for associates
- Manages projects by scheduling associates, tracking completion and managing the budget
- Maintains open communication with team regarding the progress of completion on projects
- Participates actively in training and developmental opportunities, both as an attendee and as a facilitator
- Manages all aspects of billing, including client inquiries
- Develops appropriate fee quotes for new tax engagements
- Networks to promote Bennett Thrasher business and bring in new clients