If you love technical writing, this is not the job for you. This role calls for someone who loves storytelling and isn’t afraid to try new things. The ideal candidate lives to infuse personality, authenticity and connection into their content. You value short-form content that can be written quickly and is easy to consume over long-form content (but you know when a 1,200-word article is necessary). Your guiding light is engagement from your audience and amplifying the voices of clients, partners, and employees. Connections are important, whether that is a customer you are speaking with via LinkedIn or a great relationship you made with the editor of an industry publication.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy with a regularly updated editorial calendar and clearly measured metrics of success
- Writing, editing, and proofreading content in multiple formats including social media, blogs, video, guides, etc.
- Creation of long-form educational/promotional content such as guides, case studies, and books
- Providing editorial, creative, and technical support to teammates (Demand Gen, Events, Sales/Client Enablement, etc)
- Growing content relationships with press, trade associations, and partners
- PR placement and tracking
- Coaching and prepping the leadership team for interviews, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Management of outside writing team
- Management of outside public relations vendor