Join Our Team
At Onward Robotics, we are a bold, gritty, and purposeful team with an ambitious mission to revolutionize fulfillment. Our team is driven by a client-first mentality: we aim to solve hard problems and fuel our clients’ growth with innovation. We are seeking talented individuals who will have a huge impact on both our business and our team. Join us on our mission as we move fast, think big, and have fun!
Onward Robotics delivers innovative automation technology that coordinates humans and robots as a cohesive system to revolutionize fulfillment. Our Meet Me solution combines proprietary software with person-to-goods mobile robots to increase efficiency in warehousing, distribution, and e-commerce operations. Onward Robotics provides the boost in productivity, flexibility, and speed that companies need to remain competitive and grow. Learn more at onwardrobotics.com.
The Director, Solution Design functions as a Client-facing, results-driven, and innovative leader. The role is accountable to lead a team of high-performance Solution Designers. Ultimately the Solution Design team will bridge the technical and business worlds, collaborating closely with engineers, product owners, salespeople, and clients to ensure that our products solve the right problems and convert our prospective clients into users and raving fans of our AMR technology. Successful candidates will be curious, innovative, have a passion for improving Client operations, excellent technical problem-solving abilities, desire to build and develop a high-performance team, and a deep desire to play a part in the rapidly evolving role of robotics in fulfillment and distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the development of solutions designs, as well as the implementation of the solutions.
- Develop standard operating policy, procedures and tools as needed to improve implementation efficiency and productivity.
- Recruit and lead a high performing team that collaborates with product management, engineering, and commercial sales teams to develop compelling solutions that resonate with our clients.
- Drive the growth of team member capabilities to take on the most challenging initiatives, while expanding support for new products and capabilities.
- Develop strategic approaches to solving client, company, and team challenges.
- Create the framework and supporting material for Solution Designers, onboarding and Client training modules in conjunction with Product Management as new offerings are released.
- Define, track and report on key metrics, leveraging lessons learned from successful and unsuccessful outcomes to ensure continuous improvement of new standards/processes.