Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Vertical Transportation
Are you looking to begin a rewarding and exciting career? Lerch Bates is seeking a full-time Project Manager. This role is designed with future growth and development in mind. The Project Manager will act as a technical consultant in training while learning the ins and outs of the Vertical Transportation industry and getting hands-on field experience. Through daily workflow and field experience, you will become an integral part of the problem-solving process for our clients and industry partners. This is an excellent opportunity to learn a lucrative industry from the ground up and kick-start your career path!
Lerch Bates is the global multidisciplinary technical consultancy, saving time and money for those designing, modernizing, investigating, or managing buildings. From risk to ROI, schedule to sustainability, Lerch Bates’ suite of services helps you plan the future of your building at every phase of the building lifecycle. As your partner in finding the best technical outcomes for your project, we ensure functionality, safety, and value work together.
We simplify the path to the best technical expertise for the built environment anywhere in the world. Lerch Bates offers integrated specialties, including vertical transportation, logistics, enclosures & structures, forensics, and multidisciplinary building lifecycle services that optimize performance from design, construction, and management to forensic investigation, repair, and modernization.
What You’ll Do:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed in this position. They are not intended to prescribe or restrict the assignments that management may make.
- Participate in specific aspects of project development, focused on Architectural Design/ New Construction projects. Additional responsibilities may include but not limited to: Modernization projects, Maintenance Management, and Due Diligence for Vertical Transportation (VT) systems.
- Phases include: Survey and Report, Design Development, Schematic Design, Construction Documents, Bidding and Negotiation, and Construction Administration.
- Support the office with task and billing scheduling for active projects to ensure client satisfaction, quality, timeliness of delivery, and timely billing and collecting for all active projects.
- Provide scheduled and requested reports to business support functions and leadership as requested, including but not limited to: Submittal Reviews, Progress Reviews, Final Reviews, Follow-up Reviews, and Deficiencies lists.
- Develop analysis tools for various VT metrics to assist with increased efficient delivery of our work products.
- Serve as liaison for all parties involved in ongoing projects (i.e. Client, Consultant, Contractor).
What You’ll Bring:
- A High School Diploma. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus!
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven time management ability
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Self-driven/self-management skills
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail skills
- An ability to learn quickly and understand mechanical concepts
- Knowledge/experience in the construction/existing building trade
- Previous Employment history (Internships or co-ops included)
- A service-minded, professional demeanor
- Personal accountability and initiative to get the job done
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to defuse situations and resolve problems
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry, including knowledge in the following areas: mid and/or high-rise building design, specifications of VT equipment.
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 preferred
- Knowledge and adherence to applicable industry ASME codes, standards and safety rules.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to support the design and implementation of systems with the Regional Manager, Senior Consultants and Consultants as assigned, as well as the work and time of self and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deductive reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to learn and maintain current knowledge and understanding of operational and equipment trends within the VT industry.
- The ability to professionally represent Lerch Bates in communication, interactions and attire, and hygiene with customers, the public, and others.
- The ability to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hat, or other safety requirements of LB or the general contractor when performing on-site, fieldwork, audits, surveys, construction administrative services, etc.
- The ability to travel regionally on a regular basis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Acrobat, Bluebeam, and PowerPoint.
Why work with Lerch Bates?
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership program!
- Generous PTO
- Incentive compensation bonus
- 401(k) with up to 6% employer match!
- FSA and HSA
- Charitable paid time off
- Birthday Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning and Development
- An entire internal department dedicated to your learning and career development!
- Exceptional company culture
- Employee resource groups
- Team building and networking activities
- And more!
Be more than just an employee…
Lerch Bates is 100% employee-owned! Our employee-owners bring a distinct “we own what we do” brand of technical consulting to every project and partnership. When you work with us, you join a company with an ownership mindset. Expect responsibility, service, and performance in everything we do. So, what does that mean for you? After a certain service time, you are eligible for stock ownership, which essentially works as an additional wealth accumulation and/or retirement account!
CORE Values: Ownership . Community . Integrity . Respect . Optimism
Lerch Bates is a federal contractor, which requires us to conduct a pre-employment background check and drug test.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.