Employees shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science/engineering, chemistry, geology, biology or related field.
- 0-3 Years Applicable Experience
- Knowledge of environmental compliance (air, water, waste), geosciences (remediation, environmental site assessments, environmental due diligence) and natural resources (NEPA, wetland and waters of the US delineations).
- Knowledge of and/or capability to learn how to operate geographic data collection and other scientific data collection equipment.
- Knowledge of and/or capability to learn field sample collection (air, soil, groundwater, surface water) protocols and processes.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of people within the organization and outside of the company.
- Possess valid Texas driver’s license and meet company’s auto insurability requirements.
- Ability to work independently on a job site.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work protracted or irregular hours and/or in excess of 40 hours per week on an as-needed basis due to client needs (i.e., other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and/or other than Monday through Friday).
- Ability and willingness to travel out of town and overnight to Raba Kistner offices, client offices, and project locations.
Employees shall also possess the additional experience and qualifications:
- Technical Knowledge: Apply the following rules and regulations in the field and in/through reports, plans and permits: Storm water TXR050000, TXR15000, TXG11000 and Spill Prevention Control and Counter Measures (SPCC) 40 CFR 112.
- Customer Service: Be focused on client/customer retention and development/growth.
- Reporting: Prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the storm water projects both regulatory and internal reporting.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret various technical documents such as maps, construction plans, specifications, equipment’s instruction manuals, standard operating procedures, analytical methods, and or state and federal regulatory guidelines. Detail oriented and willingness to work within a team. Achieve monthly and annual utilization goals and other key performance indicators as assigned.
- Travel: Be prepared to directly serve the region but also travel the rest of Texas and United States as required.
- Cross Training: Participate in department cross training program to develop skills in all environmental service areas.
- Safety: Understand, adhere and participate in the Raba Kistner Health and Safety and Behavior Based Safety Programs and set a good safety example.
PHYSICAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties and responsibilities.
- The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May work protracted or irregular hours. May work weekends/holidays. Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principle duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principle duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a normal office environment and is regularly performing work outside in all types of weather conditions. Work responsibilities require out of town travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Key responsibilities and essential functions are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this position.
This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other position-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Raba Kistner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.