The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and facilitate rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) manages a complex contract with multiple projects implemented by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, and as a member of the Special Projects team, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating a projects portfolio. This position will serve as the administrative expert for the implementation of multiple projects. The Project Manager will negotiate and review all requests for appropriateness, and ensure that projects are in compliance with established administrative and financial policies, procedures and sound business practices.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, innovative thinker and a proven, creative problem-solver. They will also have the ability to manage multiple projects with sensitive timelines.
• Serve as the point-person and monitor all project-related activities including, but not limited to, hiring, contracting and purchasing
• Identify FPHNY and/or DOHMH barriers to compliance and develop timely and sustainable remediation plans
• Identify barriers to workflow, efficiency and vendor management and participate in issue resolution. Communicate required actions to all related parties. Share “best practices” with colleagues
• Advise program partners at the NYC DOHMH on managing project funds including, monitoring appropriate spending, analyzing and revising budgets and obtaining proper approvals
• Review and approve contract payments, verifying sufficient funds and submission of
appropriate supporting documentation
• Coordinate with Finance and distribute financial reports to program partners
• Manage lifecycle of contracts. Work with Counsel to develop, prepare and/or amend agreements, with input from appropriate FPHNYC and DOHMH staff on programmatic or policy issues, as required. Negotiate contract language within established organizational parameters
• Ensure vendor selection method, price justification, scope of service, and deliverables are clearly stated. Ensure contract terms and amounts are within established timeframes and as budgeted
• Ensure contracts are executed in a timely manner and distributed as appropriate
• Manage competitive bids and procurements including Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Expression of Interest
• Coordinate contract closeout actions in a timely manner including but not limited to audits, establishment of final rates, property inventories, de-obligation of funds, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned