The Secondary Marketing Manager is responsible for the interest rate risk management, optimal execution and delivery of the mortgage loan pipeline including the oversight and management of related controls, balancing, modeling, and reporting. This position ensures effective and efficient management of complex hedging functions, pipeline governance, liquidity management and trade settlements. The Secondary Marketing Manager is responsible for managing existing partnerships and building new relationships with various counterparties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Ownership of various models and hedging software
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and proposing adjustments to hedging model assumptions and values
- Interest Rate Risk Management and non-speculative hedging of mortgage pipeline using TBA Mortgage Backed Securities and other derivatives as applicable
- P&L management and oversight of hedged mortgage pipeline
- Responsible for updating inputs and pricing structure within hedge model to ensure accurate mark-to-market including agency pricing inputs and MSR values
- Responsible for analyzing reports, providing concurrence on pipeline activities and managing mortgage pipeline performance
- Provides analytical performance data and recommendations to facilitate key strategic planning related to the sale and delivery of mortgage loans including retain vs release, mortgage pools, whole loan, and cash window executions
- Balances and validates all trades on a daily basis and audits such reports for documented accuracy
- Responsible for assuring all inventory of mortgage loans are appropriately accounted for and managed under the Secondary Marketing policy
- Continuously evaluates and communicates identified risks and appropriate operational changes to mitigate or eliminate future operational risks and deficiencies
- Responsible for monitoring bond/mortgage market trends and communicate relevant secondary marketing information to management and staff
- Stays abreast of trends in the mortgage industry and financial industry in general, and the economic, legal, and regulatory environment
- Provide loan level bids to third party clients through buy side trade desk
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of current secondary market guidelines, including Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA-RD and VHDA. Responsible for communicating any pricing changes to staff. Must be able to understand and apply policies to all mortgage lending situations.
- Responsible for cross training and coaching direct reports
- Responsible for maintaining and updating secondary marketing policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
WHY WE WANT YOU
Education & Experience
- College graduate with background in business, economics, or finance required. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of management and leadership experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in residential lending with focus in areas of secondary marketing, correspondent lending, mortgage analytics and capital markets
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with employee relations, performance management and coaching, recruiting, hiring and separations
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, every-changing environment
- Ability to work successfully with senior management, department managers and employees at all level, as well as vendors and employees.
- Must be able to develop trusting working relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong coaching and influencing skills
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail; ability to thrive in a high volume environment with constantly changing demands
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Hedging Software and Pricing Engine experience, Compass Analytics and Optimal Blue experience preferred
- General knowledge of office equipment such as telephone, copier, printer, scanner and fax machine
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licenses and certifications applicable to the department function preferred.
Icing on the Cake:
- Must be pro-active.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Must be a team player.
Management & Leadership Skills
- Self-starter with effective time management skills.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- 401(K) Plans.
- 15 days PTO (to start) & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
- Work-life balance.
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone. Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!