The Mortgage Trader is a highly visible team member responsible for the sale of mortgage loans and/or servicing. Additionally, the Mortgage Trader is responsible for interest rate risk management, hedging, buy side bidding and sell side pooling and loan sales as well as hedge model maintenance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Execute sales of mortgage loan pools under the direction of Capital Markets leadership
- Regularly evaluate all execution avenues – examples include MBS, cash window, whole loan, and servicing released/retained
- Explore new mortgage loan sale opportunities
- Create, maintain and deepen relationships with buyers of whole loan and/or mortgage assets (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, Wall Street firms, large national mortgage banks, depository banks and other financial institutions)
- Monitor market conditions, investor sentiment and trading volume/activity
- Regularly communicate emerging market dynamics and valuation trends to teammates and colleagues
- Assist in the development of a mortgage trading strategy meant to maximize profits while reducing risk
- Identify relative value opportunities that support Capital Markets/team strategies
- Prepare reports detailing executed trades, profits and losses
- Monitor and manage our pipeline of loans not yet sold
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and proposing adjustments to hedging model assumptions and values
- Interest Rate Risk Management and non-speculative hedging of mortgage pipeline using TBA Mortgage Backed Securities and other derivatives as applicable
- Responsible for updating inputs and pricing structure within hedge model to ensure accurate mark-to-market including agency pricing inputs and MSR values
- Responsible for analyzing reports, providing concurrence on pipeline activities and managing mortgage pipeline performance
- Continuously evaluates and communicates identified risks and appropriate operational changes to mitigate or eliminate future operational risks and deficiencies
- Provide loan level bids to third party clients through buy side trade desk
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of current secondary market guidelines, including Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA-RD and VHDA. Responsible for communicating any pricing changes to staff. Must be able to understand and apply policies to all mortgage lending situations.
- Other duties as assigned
WHY WE WANT YOU
Education & Experience
- College graduate with background in business, economics, or finance required. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of management and leadership experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in residential lending with a focus in areas of secondary marketing, correspondent lending, mortgage analytics and capital markets
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work successfully with senior management, department managers and employees at all levels, as well as vendors and employees.
- Must be able to develop trusting working relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail; ability to thrive in a high volume environment with constantly changing demands
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Hedging Software and Pricing Engine experience, Compass Analytics and Optimal Blue experience preferred
- General knowledge of office equipment such as telephone, copier, printer, scanner and fax machine
Icing on the Cake:
- Must be pro-active.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Must be a team player.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Competitive base salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision.
- Supplementary benefits: Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD.
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD.
- 401(K) Plans.
- 15 days PTO (to start) & Observed Paid Holidays.
- Diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
- Work-life balance.
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone. Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!