Wellinks is the COPD disease management company committed to empowering people to live fully and breathe freely by improving outcomes for those we serve. We are creating a future where COPD care is designed and delivered around the individual and supported by a team striving to help them live a healthier, more fulfilling life. Our partners choose Wellinks to deliver a tailored and personalized health care experience for their members, resulting in improved outcomes at lower costs.
Wellinks is a high-growth company that is rich with mission-driven talent, guided by passionate healthcare leaders, and backed by world class investors. We are headquartered in New Haven Connecticut, conveniently between Boston and New York, and have team members across the US.
Principled: We say what we do and do what we say.
Collaborative: We work together, empower people, and celebrate relationships.
Innovative: We are resilient and learn from all experiences and challenges.
Effective: We measure what matters and are outcomes driven.
Authentic: We celebrate diversity, inclusion, and the perspective of others
Clinical Coaches are behavior change specialists who know how to partner with patients to identify health goals that put them on the road to confident self-management of their chronic condition(s). Wellinks Clinical Coaches focus on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease management and have a heightened knowledge around other common comorbidities commonly seen in this patient population. They will use clinical judgment to refer members to appropriate multi-disciplinary resources. They are care coordination facilitators who reinforce the best practices of the healthcare provider with patient-centered resources to improve health, reduce risk and achieve the most desirable outcomes for their patients.
- Provides 1:1 virtual health coaching to members around behavior change to improve health status, reduce health risks, and improve quality of life as it involves chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Creates care plans to address members’ identified needs, removes barriers to care, and identifies resources (internal and external) for the member
- Assesses readiness to change and implements actions to assist members in reaching their goals
- Understands and applies motivational interviewing strategies to enable positive member experience
- Works with members to identify and set personalized health improvement plans and goals, supporting them along the way
- Identifies member health education needs through health assessment activities
- Uses health prevention guidelines and general health and wellness strategies to achieve goals in the overall health of members
- Empowers members with skills to provide enhanced interaction with their primary care providers
- Completes training as required per role and demonstrates evidence of continuing education to maintain clinical expertise and certification as appropriate
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described here
- Develop educational and exercise interventions for members
- Modify and enhance member experiences based on member feedback
- Interpret member data associated with Wellinks devices
- Develop and review quality improvement projects within program