Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
First Step (Residential Detoxification Program) This is a highly structured inpatient medically monitored detoxification program, located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This program offers individual counseling, group therapy, case management, referral services for continuing care, and medical management. First Step is a CARF accredited, DPH licensed 27 bed residential detox unit for individuals aged 18 and over struggling with addiction to alcohol, opiates and/or benzodiazepines.
Saturday and Sunday 12am - 8am
- Conducts screening, intake, orientation and assessment of clients to obtain information concerning substance abuse and medical history or other pertinent information.
- Implements therapeutic treatment using approved methods of planning, counseling, case management and crisis intervention to assist clients in overcoming substance abuse disorders and other problems.
- Utilize appropriate methods of effective monitoring and documentation in regard to medication management, money management, safety/security checks of building, laundry facility, office and bathrooms.
- Facilitate groups as assigned. Document behavior and interventions observed, discussed and assessed in group and/or meetings.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- Provides information and education to individuals and groups concerning substance abuse and mental health disorders (co-occurring disorder).
- Refers clients to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Prepares and maintains records on assigned caseload and issues reports.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.