Minimum of an Associate’s degree in behavioral health and at least two (2) years experience in related field preferred with clients with co-occurring disorders; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of basic counseling skills, crisis intervention and documentation.
- Understanding of the physical, psychological, social and economic effects of substance abuse, homelessness, medical and mental health disorders.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding client confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Incumbents may be encouraged to secure professional certification (e.g. CAC and/or SCCD)
- A valid CT driver's license required.
Benefits(for full time employees):
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Healthcare or Dependent Care accounts or Health Savings Account
- Generous employer contribution provided for annual healthcare expenses
- Basic Life insurance at no cost to employee
- Generous Paid Time Off as well as 14 Holidays and Birthday off
- Retirement plan- 403b with discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition, License and Certification Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional voluntary insurance for short-term and long-term disability
Recovery Network of Programs, Inc.
2 Trap Falls Rd. Suite 405, Shelton, CT 06484
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.