The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Provider Liaison Specialist is responsible for outreaching to the immunization provider community to instruct on the use of the CIR Online Registry for the COVID-19 Vaccine Program including completion and electronic signing of the Vaccine Provider Agreement, ordering vaccine, managing vaccine inventory, reporting doses administered to the CIR, and providing additional support for technical issues and data quality improvement as needed.
- Coordinate and deliver virtual training for providers related to use of CIR tools and functions for the Covid-19 vaccine program.
- Topics include: Online Registry vaccine ordering, inventory management and accountability, reporting doses administered to the CIR, and data quality, technical assistance, troubleshooting, and other provider community program support activities; and Covid-19 Vaccine Provider Agreement System.
- Respond to training and technical assistance requests from the provider community, providing on-site or virtual training in the community as needed.
- Update training related materials as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and delivery of training related materials.
- Other duties assigned with relationship to the provider training and technical support,
- Conduct Covid-19 vaccine program provider recruitment and enrollment activities.
- Conduct data analysis using CIR data as needed to measure activities,
- Assist in supporting providers to address immunization reporting and data quality issues as related to COVID-19 vaccination and the provider community.
- Perform other duties, as requested.