Teaches literature and writing classes to Upper School students (grades 9 to 12). Participates with other members of the English Discipline to enhance teaching effectiveness, and to revise curriculum as needed. Reports to Upper School Head.
All full-time teachers work as part of a teaching team to create an inquiry-based interdisciplinary program in which the academic disciplines are taught as systems and methods of thinking about significant content. Responsibilities include curriculum development, teaching, assessment, communication with parents, collaborative work with colleagues, and general engagement with the entire school.
Whats interesting about teaching at Eastside Prep?
- Eastside Prep offers an inquiry-based, experiential, integrated curriculum.
- The curriculum at Eastside Prep has been developed and is continually revised by the faculty who teach it.
- Teachers work collaboratively across disciplines and across grade levels.
- Eastside Prep teachers work with students in a variety of group configurations including classes, advising, project development and implementation, and extra-curricular activities.
- A school-wide ethic of good citizenship guides faculty and staff in their interactions with families and colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and a willingness to participate in the full life of the school are especially welcome.
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 18, with several classes averaging 14 -16 students.