We are seeking a qualified professional to teach Music to our kindergarten through eighth graders. The K-8 Music Teacher is a qualified professional educator who meets the requirements to teach in a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Denver. The teacher is hired by and directly accountable to the principal. The teacher is expected to abide by the policies and procedures of the local school, the Archdiocese of Denver, and the Office of Catholic Schools. The teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education. Bilingual or native speaker is an advantage.
The duties of the K-8 Music Teacher will include but are not limited to:
- Teach and act in accordance with doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church;
- Know, teach, and act consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of St. Mary Catholic School;
- Provide grade appropriate instructional program following the curriculum of the
Archdiocese of Denver, including lesson planning, classroom preparation, and
assessment of each student’s performance;
- Promote Music in cross curricular activities;
- Provide grade appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities;
- Maintain state licensure;
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians, colleagues, and principal;
- Participate in all Archdiocese of Denver in-service and training programs, and participate in all local school sponsored professional development and training programs and initiatives unless exempted or excused by principal;
- Attend all required faculty and staff meetings, unless exempted or excused by principal;
- Cooperate with the principal and staff members in school related meetings, activities, and projects;
- Maintain accurate student attendance and academic records in accordance with local
school policies and procedures;
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure learning and work environment;
- Participate in annual performance review based upon the implementation of the essential duties of the K-8 Music Teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding school personnel, students, and general school matters.
- Follows established procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of students.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding school and classroom matters;
- Perform teaching duties and all other duties as assigned by the school principal.