Summary/Objective: This position provides service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank. Requires thorough knowledge and familiarity of the various accounts and products provided by the bank. The required hours are Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, or 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and one Saturday per month from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both external and internal clients and represent oneself and the bank in a positive, courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Prioritize work in a fast-paced environment and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Balance teller drawer with high level of accuracy daily. Buys and sells currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that the teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Issue cashier’s checks, Gift Cards, and Debit Cards and sell Travelers Checks. Process cash advances, redeem U.S, Savings Bonds.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipt of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Cross-sell products and refer customers to other Exchange Bank departments and locations as necessary to ensure the customer has the best product available for their needs.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitive motion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Candidates must possess the ability to occasionally lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds. Candidates must also have the ability to stoop, bend and squat in order to fulfill physical demands.