Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of preventative and primary care medical services to all ages including health maintenance of chronic diseases, 24 hour on call, care coordination, as well as complete behavioral health and dental services at our Willimantic and Putnam sites and through our School Based Health Center and ACROSS THE SMILES mobile dental program operating in the Northeast and Windham service area.
Are you a family or internal medicine Physician looking to make a genuine difference? Join our team at Generations Family Health Care Center! We are a non-profit regional Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that has served eastern Connecticut since 1984. Our healthcare professionals provide a full continuum of primary health care, oral health care, behavioral health care, and case management services, primarily to a medically underserved population.
We are seeking a Physician to provide our patients with quality and compassionate healthcare.
No. of Openings: 2
If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Physician, you will provide a full range of primary care services: from physical exams and therapeutic and surgical procedures, to patient education, ensuring continuity of care. All treatment must be in accordance with agency and clinical policies, and you must keep all patient information strictly confidential.
Your specific duties in this Physician role include:
- Performing comprehensive physical examinations and compiling patient medical data, including health, developmental, and psychosocial history of patient and exam results
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting screening, diagnostic procedures, and tests
- Instructing and counseling patients and families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Developing and implementing patient management plans and assisting in provision of continuity of care
- Performing therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
- Performing minor office surgical procedures, dressing changes, and ambulatory treatments and diagnostics in accordance with approved privileges
- Providing coverage to patients admitted to local hospitals
- Providing night and weekend coverage in rotation with colleagues, as required
- Participating in agency quality assurance and improvement efforts and in the establishment or revision of clinical policies and protocols
As a Physician with Generations Family Health Center, you will be part of a growing and dynamic not-for-profit organization committed to a diverse and ever-changing work environment that rewards honesty, loyalty, commitment, and integrity. We are committed to continuously providing the highest level of quality services and standards for our patients as well as our employees. We offer the opportunity to work in a professional and pleasant environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth and development.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance & Wellness Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks paid time off & 4 CME days off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Loan repayment through NHSC
- Productivity incentive bonus
- Professional development & CME stipend
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
- Work life balance and flexible work schedules