Integral Molecular is a Philadelphia biotech company specializing in the discovery and characterization of therapeutic antibodies using cutting-edge technology platforms. We are a close-knit company, composed of smart, curious scientists that takes an active interest in promoting the learning and development of our team.
Research Scientist – Cell-based assay development – Virology - Job ID# 03142023
Our company is in an exciting growth phase where we are launching new products, expanding our team, and reaching new markets. We seek a Research Scientist to join our team of virologists and cellular biologists to create pseudoviruses used in the development of therapeutic antibodies and vaccines. Our reporter virus product is a vital reagent in the global response to new, emerging, and evolving viral threats. You will use your expertise to lead efforts in research and development, continuous improvement, and production.
You will also be responsible for identifying and championing new ideas and process improvements that enhance the operations within the virology team. To advance our R&D programs, you will work with the scientific and business teams to understand customer needs and create roadmaps for new product development.
Additionally, you may supervise and provide scientific guidance and mentorship to junior researchers within the team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment focused on meeting customer deadlines and will also have a passion for developing new technical expertise from assay development to routine execution of projects.
What you will gain from working at Integral Molecular:
- Growth as a scientific leader within a supportive, research-focused learning environment
- Drive new product development from idea to market launch
- Foster client relationships as you become a SME in virology
What you will do at Integral Molecular:
- Independently design, execute, and analyze cell-based assays for custom virology products in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Independently design, execute, and interpret quality control assays and data for current and new pseudoviruses, including method development, lot release, and stability testing
- Propose and implement solutions for areas of improvement in current reporter virus production and QC assays
- Collaborate with the team to prepare the final report for delivery to customers
- Substantively contribute to the preparation of materials for internal and external presentations and conferences
- Actively create and maintain mentor relationships with junior members of the team by providing technical and scientific guidance
- Acquire new skillsets as needed and apply existing skillset in new and creative ways
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field
- Basic knowledge in immunology or virology is desired
- Proven track record of achievement in cell biology, virology, or related disciplines through peer-reviewed publications and presentations
- Strong background in biological cell-based assay development, optimization, troubleshooting, and validation is required
- Familiarity with flow cytometry, luciferase assays, and viral or pseudoviral particle production (propagation, neutralization assays, etc) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and as a highly successful individual contributor
Integral Molecular is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a deep commitment to promoting a diverse, respectful, and inclusive workplace.