Permanency Care Manager - Gloversville, NY
The Foster Care program is seeking 2 full-time Permanency Care Manager out of our Gloversville, NY location. This is a great role for someone with case management experience! The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with the children in care, the Department of Social Services, foster families, and birth families in the journey toward achieving permanency in a variety of settings.
What a Permanency Care Manager Can expect:
- Work with foster and birth families to coordinate all appointments for children, including providing transportation if another plan cannot be found
- Attend all client-related meetings, including Counsel on Special Education, Termination of Parental Rights, staff meetings, service provider meetings, emergency meetings, court, and others as requested
- Facilitate meetings with other service providers as needed
- Support birth families including providing supervised visitation and feedback and coaching on parenting skills and communication regarding progress/problems of children in care and obstacles toward permanency
- Participation in treatment and discharge planning
- Regular case documentation
Your Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of experience in social services, or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to work night and/or weekend hours and be part of an on-call rotation to support foster families in after-hours crisis
- Driver's license and reliable, safe, and clean transportation and a willingness to transport clients in own vehicle
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team!