Foster Parent Recruiter – Kingston, NY
The Foster Family Program provides foster and pre-adoptive foster homes to children from birth through age 21 who have been removed from their homes and placed in foster care. Each foster parent receives training and ongoing professional support to promote a positive, successful experience. The position is responsible for recruiting and assessing prospective foster parents and homes, which includes training and case management of the certification process. The position also requires the maintenance of each certified foster home, including recertifying each home; ensuring agency and state standards are met with their licensure.
What a Foster Parent Recruiter can expect:
- Participate actively in community activities and events to recruit foster parents
- Participate in developing an active recruitment plan for recruiting foster parents
- Handle inquiries and applications from potential foster parents
- Facilitate all orientation meetings with potential foster parents
- Complete all paperwork for the certification process
- Prepare and present GPS/MAPP training for potential foster parents
- Assess families ability to foster children as it relates to 12 skills of successful fostering
- Complete home studies for all recommended foster homes
- Conduct safety assessments to assure the health and safety of foster homes
- Facilitate CPR/First Aid process and other agency pre-certification trainings
- Maintain certified foster family records
- Handle the recertification process, including the development of yearly skill development plan with each family, assessing strengths and needs of the foster home
- Provide ongoing training and support for certified parents in conjunction with the foster care team
- Check with certified families on a quarterly basis to monitor the strengths and needs of the foster home
- Coordinate annual holiday party and a foster parent appreciation event as retention efforts
- Work requires 25-50% community travel/visits
- Community travel/visits require visits to client homes
Your Education and Qualification:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, sociology, psychology, education or related field, and at least two years of related experience.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team!