Our mission is to build a more resilient and connected society, and providing flawless, next-generation IT services as a means of doing that, is only part of what Skyline does. We also believe that building a more resilient and connected society begins with us, our communities, and our workplaces. By embodying effective communication, mutual trust, and respect, we can achieve a positive impact on every person and in every interaction.
With a mission and culture like Skylines, its no surprise were growing and looking for bright individuals who are unafraid of challenges, thrive on problem-solving, and are passionate about helping others succeed. At the pace were growing, we need people like you to join our team so we can ensure we always have the right number of team members. Its important to us that we can handle the work and maintain a desirable work/life balance.
About Our Team
Skylines Video Platform Team supports one of the most advanced distributed video management ecosystems. We deliver a highly reliable, scalable, secure, and widely used real-time distributed video platform to our clients.
Our team embodies a unique culture and offers the opportunity to work with a variety of software products and hands-on client deployments. We enjoy solving hard engineering problems and learning new technologies while exploring new and innovative ways to meet our clients needs.
Our New Teammate
Are you passionate about service delivery? Have a knack for being efficient in meeting a customer’s needs? Do you relish in the challenge of leading medium to large scale, complex deployment projects? Are learning innovative technologies and continuous improvement your thing? Driving change and trailblazing a more efficient process and/or design are second nature, and you enjoy being the go-to person for expertise. When it comes to solution architecture, you are not afraid to overhaul or redesign a system, if necessary, but understand sometimes upgrading hardware and maintaining an existing system is all it needs. Working interdependently as well personal accountability are second nature. We strive for excellence in our delivery model for our new platform customers and for those that are expanding
We desire our new teammate to demonstrate superb technical competency, deliver mission-critical infrastructure, and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. We are looking for a candidate with a good blend of technical and business knowledge. The candidate will possess excellent communication, a continuous learning mindset, and technical governance skills, which allow them to resolve problems and manage projects from the beginning until completion with exceptional efficiency. Apply now to be part of our growing team!
As a Senior Systems Engineer on the Video Platform Professional Services team, you can expect to spend your time allocation to be:
- 40% of time on Objective 1: Refine client requirement and coordinate architecture/design
- 30 % of time on Objective 2: Execute service delivery and solution integration
- 25% of time on Objective 3: Support and facilitate team technical knowledge/expertise
- 5% of time on Objective 4: Professional and personal development
Job Responsibilities What to Expect
- Drive the planning and delivery of tactical items relating to Skyline Video Platform projects
- Consult with client, project, project management, and development teams as to ensure overall project success.
- Assist in post-sales handoff process to project initiation, understanding proposed architecture and project milestones.
- Provide estimations of time for project tasks and milestones
- Contribute to project design and architecture activities through customer approval.
- Lead remote or on-site installation of solution(s), establish configurations to support Skyline software suite, execute DOT project tasks, and dynamically configure Skyline applications (containers) on Linux platform OEM servers or virtual machines.
- Understand and be able to execute our platform deployment process from end to end.
- Develop scripts/code using Gitlab to refine and improve deploy/support methodologies while adhering to Skyline process standards and participate in functional code review processes.
- Work with Gitlab to access code, scripts, packages, and other assets as well as contributing code/scripts.
- Support Incident/Request/Problem resolution and escalation for clients or to address internal needs while effectively utilizing existing change control (CAB) processes.
- Collaborate and lead process integration and continuous improvement enhancements with Service Delivery, Operations, Networking, Engineering, QA, and Desk teams and advise regarding best practices.
- Drive objectives and Tasks with Skyline planning process, team meetings, training, and functional code review processes.
- Develop and build team expertise and knowledge.
- Create/follow established Divisional/Team SOPs, and organizational governance.
- Create, expand, and improve processes and documentation including network diagrams, application diagrams, and disaster recovery documentation.
- Eagerly pursue relevant certification(s) and skills enhancements and improve understanding of product code to improve troubleshooting skills.
- Graciously assist with other duties as assigned.