The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, and as part of the FPHNYC Finance Department, the Financial Analyst, will work closely with FPHNYC Grant Managers, to support a portfolio of federal and non-Federal grants by providing ongoing management and preparation of financial grant reporting and analysis. The Grant Financial Analyst will assist the Development team in the preparation of budgets for new grants proposals, ensuring that proposals are compliant with FPHNYC accounting policies and funder requirements including Cost Principle for Non-Profit Organizations. The Grant Financial Analyst will also assist in the financial operations of FPHNYC, providing support for audits, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other areas as needed.
- Assist in program budget development for grant proposals, as well as budget modifications and renewals for existing programs.
- Collaborate with Director of Finance in the preparation of the agency-wide budget process and periodically analyze administrative budget vs actual report
- Assist with single audit and financial statement audit and functional expense fluctuation analysis of changes greater than 10%
- Maintain payroll allocation and analyze payroll expense per the general ledger to the budgeted payroll
- Upload approved budget and maintain accurate budget through the grant year in accounting software (MIP Abila)
- Prepare financial voucher for government and private grant and record account receivable into account receivable log with support documentations
- Analyze encumbrance report and work with appropriate grant manager to modify and or liquidate balances at the end of grant year
- Analyze general ledger to identify unallowable costs charged to grant and process correcting entries accordingly
- Review and approve grant specific expenses and purchase orders in the internal purchase order system (Microix)
- Update financial reports to reflect status of programs on a grant-to-date basis in order to:
- Track and analyze contract spending by specific funding category
- Evaluate programs through comparison of actual performance with budgeted/planned objectives
- Interpret financial information for practical use by Project Directors and Grant Managers, to identify and flag any issues for resolution
- Monitor compliance with grant funding regulations; provide technical guidance to FPHNYC and DOHMH program staff regarding allowable/unallowable costs
- Prepare additional grant-specific reports as needed
- In collaboration with the applicable Grant Manager prepare all interim and final financial reports and submit in formats as required by grant agreements
- Assist with other tasks as assigned