Who We Are
With a mission to provide world-class healthcare to the underserved Asian community, Rendr is the leading primary care focused, multi-specialty physician group dedicated to serving the Asian population in New York City. Our over 200 providers take care of the health of approximately 200,000 patients at more than 100 clinical offices throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Nassau County.
Job Position: Registered Nurse
We are seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse on Rendr’s Radiology site. Registered Nurse will perform techniques and routines in the specialty service area. Responsible for wide range of radiological cases, including monitoring vital signs during certain imaging procedures and responsible to monitor change in condition and intervene and relate the information to the appropriate person.
- Prepare patients for scans, ensuring safety and comfort throughout the process.
- Executes provider’s orders for all assigned patients; safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
- Independently performs duties, assumes responsibility for care of assigned patients, and follow established protocols and guidelines.
- Collaborate with radiologists and technologists during procedures to ensure efficient workflow and image quality.
- Performs and assists others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- All aspects of clinical duties are undertaken as an autonomous practitioner.
- Closely monitor patients before, during, and after scans to identify any potential adverse reactions or complications.
- Notifies appropriate medical staff to changes in the patient’s status.
- Document accurate patient information and maintaining proper records.
- Adhering to HIPAA regulations.
- Collaborate with healthcare team to assess patient needs and plan for appropriate care.
- Communicate with patients to explain procedures, answer their questions, and alleviate any concerns or anxiety.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Ensure proper disposal of contaminated materials.
- Stay updated with latest advancements in scan technology, procedures, and patient care practices.
- Undertake complex decisions by assessing patient records and referral information to inform clinical practice by selecting the correct nursing intervention from a range of possibilities to facilitate optimization and aborting interventions if contraindicated.
- Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of New York.
- Additional certification in radiology nursing is a strong plus.
- Bi-lingual in speaking English and Chinese required.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
- ACLS or BLS certification required.
- Ability to assess and respond to patient needs quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in using EMR systems.
- Demonstrate competence when regularly administer a wide range of intravenous medication safely; at times via machinery according to patient’s complex conditions.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of side effects, contraindications, and interactions to assess and evaluate effectiveness or to detect problems.