Ottawa University (established in 1865), one of the oldest private liberal arts universities in the United States, is a multi-campus system serving approximately 4000 students through its campuses in Kansas (Ottawa, Kansas- Residential Campus and Overland Park, Kansas- Adult Programs); Arizona (Surprise Residential Campus and OUAZ Adult Programs); Wisconsin (Brookfield Adult Programs); and our OU ONLINE PROGRAM based out of Overland Park, Kansas.
Ottawa University is a regionally accredited, church-related, private university that strives to integrate faith, learning, and life in the academic experiences of students.
STANDARD UNIVERSITY EXPECTATIONS:
- Model and encourage collaboration among University departments assuring effective communication and operations.
- Understand the University’s policies and, procedures, and exercise good judgment accordingly. Assure that University and student information is managed in a confidential and ethical manner in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Provide leadership through conduct, attitude, and professionalism. Represent the University to students, external groups, faculty, and staff in a way that reflects positively on the University.
- Be mindful and supportive of the overall Mission of Ottawa University.
- Exercise Inclusivity in your daily actions accruing alignment within expectations of the University’s Diversity Statement.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Ottawa University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not unlawfully discriminate in recruitment or employment on the basis of race, age, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.