The Senior Director Brand Marketing is responsible for providing the forward-looking Brand strategy, leading, planning and executing all brand management, marketing and development activities for assigned Product Lines, including TONKA, K’NEX & LINCOLN LOGS. Acting as the hub for these Iconic brands, this important role collaborates with Sales, Product Development, Brand Development, Marketing Services, Creative Services, Operations and other cross-functional teams to achieve successful results.
Strong leadership and relationship management skills are essential, along with storytelling, strategic thinking and project management abilities.
- Provide leadership for all aspects of the product commercialization process for assigned Product Lines/brands, ensuring the integrity of product launch milestones; target cost/margins requirements and quality and safety standards, while delivering market-relevant product solutions with a strong price/value perception.
- Key architect for driving the comprehensive brand strategy
- Management of the development lifecycle working closely with the Product Development, Creative Services, Sales, Marketing Services and Brand Development teams.
- Create strategic line plans, forecasts and growth plans for assigned Product Lines.
- Create and manage marketing plans, budgets and analysis for those initiatives.
- Act as the Brand/Product ambassador to both internal and external constituencies.
- Key Liaison for licensor relationship for assigned Product Lines, maximizing partnership potential.
- Identify and recommend consumer-focused product marketing trends, competitive threats and new product and packaging opportunities and strategies to drive growth of new and existing product categories.
- Continually assess the merchandise mix and performance of assigned product lines/brands within the context of the brand’s annual Line Plan expectations and make revisions/recommendations, as warranted.
- Support the company’s ongoing R&D initiatives by participating in scouting, sourcing, and validating new technologies, concepts, materials, to drive innovation and value for the company’s Product Portfolio.
- Promote a collaborative atmosphere with the company’s Hong Kong office staff throughout all phases of the Product Commercialization process.
- Support Business Development pitches for new license acquisitions, as required.
- Research the competitive set as well as new marketing tactics and activations.
- Develop pitch tools to engage sales force and regularly communicate updates.
- Create narratives that cleverly weave together the brand, consumer and the business objectives.
- Translate strategy into integrated marketing plans, campaign strategy, and consumer experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (media planning, PR, Digital, Social Media, etc.) to drive strategic marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Develop / Manage internal guidelines, brand assets to enable the organization to execute against the approved Brand Plans.
- Partner with all related teams to ensure there is consistent Brandprint messaging across all trade and consumer-facing mediums.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Sales teams to ensure the brands and product lines are properly represented on e-commerce sites.
- Develop metrics and methodology to track and measure brand health and the success of each launch cycle and marketing campaigns.
- Lead, mentor and oversee associate level staff