We are looking for a full time Instructional Coach to join our team of dedicated educators and staff. The Instructional Coach interacts with teachers on all aspects of instruction, including planning, assessing learning, and differentiating to meet students’ needs. The instructional specialist advocates for, facilitates, and supports the work of the teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply current research in best practices to work with diverse and at-risk student populations.
- Apply knowledge and experience with Adult Learning Theory and Best Practices for Professional Learning.
- Encourage the development, publication, and use of new instructional materials by teaching staff.
- Participate in community activities.
- Conduct himself/herself in a professional manner commensurate with his/her position and project a good public image of the District in dealing with the community and employees.
- Interact with students to promote student learning and achievement toward promotion and graduation.
- Work with teachers to develop and implement standards based lesson plans.
- Participate in weekly collaborations with teachers.
- Monitor the implementation of formative assessments within each core content course
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years teaching experience.
- Instructional coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience as a trainer in the most recent Arizona State Standards (including the Common Core Standards).
- A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Current knowledge of Arizona State Standards and the Common Core
- Experience in staff development, curricular issues, and/or related areas.
- Possess job experience in group process skills.
- Current knowledge in educational theory.
- Understanding of the appropriate use of technology for educational and administrative purposes.
- Proven organizational development and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be a self starter and take initiative
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and have time management skills
- Extensive experience working with youth
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in interpreting raw data into graphs or other visual aids
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some evenings, and weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to obtain a valid IVP Fingerprint clearance card
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Arizona State Retirement Employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Earned Paid Sick Time
Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a “clean” or “acceptable” driving record.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must, on a daily basis, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds several times a day. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Thank you for considering Pima Prevention Partnership – Partnership Schools as an employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Pima Prevention Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other term, condition, or privilege of employment with regards to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants and employees be given equal opportunity and that hiring and other employment-related decisions are based on job-related factors.