Employees shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A four-year degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Direct experience in the preparation of compliance permits and plans, including, but not limited to: SWPPPs, SPCC Plans, air permit applications (PBR, NSR, Title V), hazardous waste registration and reporting, Tier II reporting, TRI reporting, and other environmental compliance reports/applications.
- Direct experience in the execution of multi-media environmental audits. Lead auditor experience preferred.
- HAZWOPER certification or other environmental certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage all aspects of large projects and projects simultaneously.
- Manage project resources, costs, schedule, performance, and quality.
- Manage teams both internal and external/contractors.
- Excellent oral communication skills to interact with clients and staff successfully.
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing proposals, reports, and other technical documents.
- Excellent organizational skills to utilize firm’s resources efficiently and effectively.
- Technical and business management skills to monitor and evaluate progress of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Earth, and other software.
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm.
- Possess valid Texas driver’s license and meet firm’s automobile insurability requirements.
PHYSICAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties and responsibilities.
- The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when needed.
- May work protracted or irregular hours. May work weekends/holidays. Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs.
- May travel up to 40%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principle duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principle duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly performing work outside in all types of weather conditions. Work responsibilities require out of town travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations. The employee must have the ability to maneuver over rough and uneven terrain and/or slippery surfaces.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; radiant and electrical energy; and vibration.
Raba Kistner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.