Availability: Horizons positions available for Block 1: June 3 - June 22, Block 2: July 2 - July 27, Block 3: June 3 – June 22 AND July 2 – July 27 based out of Snowbird, UT.
Application Due: February 28, 2021
The summer leadership intern is a full-time temporary internship that works within the Educational Operations department supporting the Huntsman Horizons Leadership Summit of the Sigma Chi Leadership Internship. Travel, lodging, and all food on-site will be provided. Additionally, Block 1 Horizon interns will be awarded an $800 scholarship, Block 2 Horizon interns will be awarded a $1200 scholarship, and Block 3 interns will be awarded a $2000 scholarship from the Sigma Chi Foundation upon completion of the program. The primary responsibility of the Sigma Chi Leadership Institute is the ongoing development and implementation of Sigma Chi’s educational and leadership curriculum, and the primary responsibility of the summer intern is to support the preparation and execution of Horizons. The summer intern will have the unique opportunity to assist in running large leadership conferences while gaining many professional skills and experiences. This position requires well-developed communication skills, organization, time management and the ability to work quickly in a new environment.
Leadership Program Duties
- Provide first level customer support for attendees of summer conferences via phone and email;
- Organize and compile supplies for the Horizons program on-site;
- Obtain working knowledge of Sigma Chi Leadership programs, including conference planning and execution.
- Attend Horizons as on-site staff support, including a blend of office and outdoor activities;
- Help set up and administer Horizons participant activities;
- Answer questions and assist in providing direction to attendees and alumni volunteers;
- Deliver supplies and materials to participants and alumni volunteers as needed;
- Work on emergency assignments that arise.
General Headquarters Duties
- Obtain a working knowledge of all affiliated Sigma Chi companies’ operations, staff, and functions;
- Provide customer support across all affiliated Sigma Chi companies as needed;
- Provide assistance on special filing, data compilation, and organization projects as assigned.