Responsible for the evaluation and management of suitable organ donors to include decision making in regards to appropriate interventions/plan of care. Must use critical thinking skills and experience to create and initiate interventions/plan of care to improve overall organ function. In addition, should engage physicians, practitioners, transplant surgeons, and Medical Directors as resources for interventions/plan of care as needed. Responsible for the placement of all recovered organs.
Essential Job Functions
- Take 24-hour call as a member of the organ procurement team.
- Evaluate imminent death referrals for organ donation potential.
- Manage on-site referral, authorization, donor maintenance, and recovery activities at a hospital when there is a potential donor.
- Oversee organ procurement activities from evaluation through recovery to organ placement with transplant center.
- Assist in information-sharing activities with potential donor families and coordinate the authorization process with the authorizing individual.
- Follow the donor management guidelines approved by the ConnectLife Medical Director to provide donor management interventions.