EAC Network seeks Facilitator to work part-time for its Batterer Intervention Program (BIP) in Brooklyn. The position is for 4 hours per week (Saturdays 9:00am-1:00PM).
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Facilitator is responsible for providing educational services to participants referred to the Batterer Intervention Program (BIP). Using the Duluth Model the Facilitator guides participants thru a 16-week curriculum which focuses on encouraging participants to take responsibility for abusive acts and exploring the effects and impact of violence.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessment and orientation sessions for participants referred to the program following the Duluth Domestic Violence Intervention Program curriculum provided by EAC NETWORK.
- Schedule participants for batterer intervention sessions.
- Co-facilitate themed batterer intervention sessions utilizing control logs, assignments, and exercises.
- Maintain participant attendance.
- Collect participant fees.
- Conduct breathalyzer and or toxicology tests on participants when required.
- Distribute letters of attendance
- Attend trainings/meetings as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent required, CASAC or Bachelors Degree in social services area preferred.
- Participation in at least 12 hours of qualified training in domestic violence and/or criminal justice or 100 hours of qualified internship training at a TASC site.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must have knowledge of local criminal justice and treatment systems.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.