The main role of this person will be doing equipment setup. May have need to service, repair, recondition and assemble customer and dealership equipment, new and used. Maintain and operate shop equipment and tools, performing quality work, as quickly as possible. Majority of work is done in the shop, but some field travel may be required.
- Accepts repair orders as assigned by the Service Manager, Service Writer or assigned person.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed. Coordinate with Service office staff in communicating necessary repairs to customer and obtaining approvals.
- Repair, service, recondition or assemble equipment as approved by the customer/Service Manager.
- Obtains necessary parts working cooperatively with Parts Department Staff. Notifies Service Manager when parts orders need to be expedited.
- Completes service inspections on equipment. making recommendations on repairs as needed.
- Works to control come-backs, giving them special attention so as not to happen again.
- Promotes marketing programs to customers in an effort to drive sales.
- Participants in after-hours program, carrying the pager for a week at a time. Responds to after-hours calls in a timely, professional manner. Seeks assistance for technical matters with may be unfamiliar.
- Communicates with customers in a positive, professional manner demonstrating patience in explaining repairs. Thanks customers for the work.
- Notifies Service Manager of safety issues and/or accidents immediately.
- Accurately documents time and work performed on forms provided on a legible and complete manner.
- Conducts work in a safe manner, wearing safety glasses & steel toed shoes and following other company safety guideline.
- Attends meetings, training sessions, and other company events and participates in a positive, professional manner.
- Stays up-to-date on technical changes, product developments, manufacturer releases, etc. Attends training as required.