Our Tour Guides work in a dynamic tourist environment focused on customer satisfaction. A guide provides a fun, informative tour. They provide for the comfort and safety of the customer while delivering information on natural and cultural resources in a meaningful way. They are safety minded, inspecting and operating their Jeeps on the highways and Forest Service roads in compliance with all Laws, Regulations, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Able to perform the following Guide fundamentals in a satisfactory manner:
- Conducts tours in an engaging and professional manner
- Skilled driving on and off road
- General understanding of our permits and operating plan
- General understanding/working knowledge of tour scheduling and tour rotation
- Reads and follows manifest to insure tour type and accuracy
- Presents information on all tours: Local history, geology, USFS, plants and animals
- Assists customers in and out of the jeep and demonstrates concern for their safety.
- Reviews/Refreshes knowledge from training and pursues ongoing learning and education
- Professional and effective communication across departments to insure maximum tour efficiency.
- Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude in all interactions with customers, fellow employees, citizens, competitors, hotel/resort staff, and management.
- Maintains an average to above average attendance record.
- Respects and follows company policies and procedures.
- Takes constructive feedback in a respectful manner and applies it.
- Is available to work up to 12 hours/day with up to 10 hours of tour time.
- Consistently and carefully inspects, operates, and cleans their Jeeps – repetitive motion involves: climbing in and out of the jeep, reaching overhead and across at chest level.
- Maintain efficient, daily contact and adequate radio communication with the reservation staff to assure timely tour departures and accurate Jeep assignments.
- Safely operates the Jeep through challenging city traffic, varied Forest Service terrain, in all types of weather conditions, while crafting entertaining and informative tours.
- Internal and External Customer satisfaction: Pink Listens, comments/feedback.
- Reliability/availability – good attendance record, willing to work extra shifts during peak times
- Quality of tour: driving skills, knowledge of the resources, fun.
- Safety – follows all SMITH guidelines and has a good safety record.
- Ongoing educational pursuits to enhance interpretive and informational skills.