Dedicated Logistics, Inc. is looking for a Director of Maintenance located at our corporate facility in Oakdale, MN, who will be responsible for leading and directing all maintenance functions and aftermarket purchasing. Our fleet consists of about 400 dispersed trucks and 1000 trailers.
In this role, you will:
- Develop best practice methods for all operations, establish processes that optimize maintenance time and cost of key maintenance items, formulate metrics that can assure management of best practice safety and mechanical performance.
- Lead, mentor and develop the corporate maintenance staff and cultivate an organization that is accountable for results and can embrace changing needs and expectations.
- Analyze information from the fleet management system to identify and to proactively address trends and potential problems which could result in component or equipment failure
- Determine the proper equipment for the intended use and collaborate with equipment maintenance leaders of other operating companies to determine equipment specifications. Actively gather input regarding equipment needs from operations representatives and drivers.
- Coordinate company-wide cost-effective parts and inventory program. Assist in the coordination and adherence to specifications by suppliers.
- Work through and with Operations Managers to assure safe and efficient maintenance operations of the Cost Centers.
- Monitor developing trends and innovation with respect to equipment, facilities, supplies and product.
- Assure that equipment is disposed of in accordance with corporate asset disposal standards.
- Review financial performance of the maintenance function, including monthly review of key maintenance accounts, product performance, and inventory levels. Recommend proactive and corrective action plans to senior management.
- Assist in the establishment of and/or support national programs for major supplies. These programs may include product testing and evaluation, distribution, pricing, and rebate. Monitor these programs for financial results and adherence.
- Oversee warranty campaign and recall programs and ensure collections via the establishment and ongoing monitoring of company-wide reimbursement programs.