The Commercial Lines Producer is responsible for selling new business to ensure continued profitable growth for the agency and duties include, but are not limited to, prospecting for new clients, selling additional coverages to existing clients, and retaining existing accounts to achieve personal production goals.
- Contact prospects, schedule appointments, and make sales presentations
- Develop prospecting programs and follow-up for maximum results
- Maintain prospect list of clients for the target business
- Balance production to achieve the desired mix of business; promote products of carriers that the firm has identified as important
- Coordinate production efforts with marketing and service staff
- Accurately and thoroughly complete survey and application forms, before marketing or submitting to be marketed
- Conduct periodic meetings with Account Managers to provide updates and ensure policies and procedures are understood
- Arrange payment terms for all accounts, in accordance with agency credit and collections policies
- Gather information on renewals; deliver renewals and/or binders following agency guidelines
- Remain abreast of trends and techniques to maintain a competitive status for the agency within the industry
- Attend sales seminars, company sales meetings, or educational activities needed to improve sales techniques, stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the marketplace and maintain required licenses
- Review all agency activities relating to the public, customers, and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions
This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the position. Essential functions are outlined; however, other duties may be assigned, as needs arise, or as required to support the essential functions. Specific performance objectives may be developed each year to measure the performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description.