TITLE: Advancement Services and Analytics Manager
Classification (FLSA): Exempt, Salaried
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Advancement (VPA)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Advancement Services and Analytics Manager builds systems and procedures to ensure the availability of clear, precise, and actionable data to support all Advancement functions and provides key data insights and analysis to drive decision-making and accelerate progress.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Option to manage the Advancement Services Team and serve as a contributing member of the Advancement Strategy Team if sufficient experience and capability.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Reporting and Analytics
- Oversee the creation of reports and dashboards that provide a clear picture of progress towards goals for the Advancement Office.
- Conceptualize new reports to assist the Vice President of Advancement in meeting and tracking progress to objectives.
- Translate raw data into reports for the Board of Directors.
- Support innovation and progress on key projects through the creation of data analysis and forecasts.
- Work with office management to create and maintain regularly updated reports on office key performance indicators to allow for the tracking of progress and real-time assessment of problem areas.
- Assist in data extra and export functions, including mailing and other lists, as needed.
- Data Governance and Effective Integration and Utilization of Data
- Leverage the abilities of current data resources while researching and pursuing new platforms with the goal of furthering the missions of the Advancement Office and the College as a whole.
- Integrating of Raiser’s Edge and other Advancement-related systems.
- Establishing and maintaining standards for data formatting, entry and maintenance to ensure that all primary data systems used by Advancement contain information that is current, accurate, accessible, and actionable.
- Set up and overseeing systems for monthly auditing of and reconciling of data with other offices.
- Maintain efficient procedures and protocols and parameters for the office’s use of data to ensure that all data is accurate, easily retrievable, and of value to office operations and goals.
- Oversee the use and security of all systems used for advancement activities, including the alumni portal, e-mail marketing tools, online donation tools, and other office systems.
- Working with external vendors to manage mailing lists, data transfers, and to ensure the data integrity of joint initiatives.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of formal documentation of Advancement operating/gift acceptance policies and procedures.
- Leadership (Optional depending on experience and ability)
- Coach, mentor, and support the members of the Advancement Services to maximize their abilities, promote their well-being and job satisfaction, and ensure that they are making the highest possible contribution to the team in their designated role.
- Oversee the process to assist each team member in creating and achieving clear, measurable, and actionable goals that fulfill their key results areas and best contribute to the team’s success.
- Using independent judgment and discretion, plan; budget resources; formulates policy; develop procedures and provide direction in the daily operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.