Job Purpose: Provide part-time relief medical care to client pets under the direction of the St Pete Veterinary Center Veterinarians’ instructions and standard business and medical operating procedures. Serve in one or more assigned technician roles on designated shift as personal certifications allow.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Relief Treatment Technician:
- Assist Veterinarians with treatment procedures and exams.
- Complete initial exam work-up, and start the exam process for the veterinarian, including the gathering of pertinent medical and environmental information, based on Veterinary SOP.
- Perform routine procedures including, micro chipping, vaccinations, wound cleaning, injections and blood sampling.
- Perform and interpret routine laboratory procedures including skin scrapes, DTMs, ear cytology and microfilaria exams.
- Complete daily, or as otherwise scheduled:
- Perform treatments of hospitalized patients, including post-operative medications, and other necessary medical tasks.
- CVT relief technician may perform additional tasks according to skills and experience.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into AVIMark software.
- Assist other medical team employees as needed.
- Be able to interact with the public and discuss medical issues with clients.
- Understand and communicate effectively Clinic policy and practice on service provision, medical standards and routine care.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Ensure DEA compliance with Controlled Substances (i.e. buprenorphine)
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay and the St Pete Veterinary Center at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.