It is the responsibility of the Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) to supervise and coordinate single or multiple projects in order to complete the work on time, within the budget and to the quality specified, while serving as Reed Construction’s representative on the Owner-Architect-Reed Construction team. The PM is ultimately responsible for project success, client satisfaction and financial performance. In addition to the functions of this role, the PM is also responsible for upholding Reed’s core values of: Strive to Always Improve, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Go Above and Beyond, and Work as a Team.
- Develop project schedules
- Execute accurate and concise contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and job specific scopes
- Develops various contracts with owners and subcontractors based on requirements
Estimating/ Budgeting/ Proposals
- Budget preliminary documents
- Perform estimates and takeoffs
- Manages the solicitation of vendors for pricing; recommends contract awards
- Assembles and prepares complete and well thought-out estimates; clarifies specific information and assumptions
- Manages information, establishes expectations and maintains quality and cost effectiveness in the overall project (project size dependent)
- Attend and run project meetings and generate meeting agendas.
- Communicates effectively with fellow project team members to ensure clarity and visibility of accountabilities; runs focused and concise meetings; sticks to the agenda
- Manages project cost controls; change orders, owner change orders, cost forecasting
- Qualify and identify long lead items or items with higher value
- Assist field supervision in maintaining a focus on quality for all projects; promote a strong safety culture on all projects
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously at various stages and locations, applying a strong knowledge of construction trades
- Proactively identifies and solves project issues; involves the Team Leader when needed
- Delegate assignments to both Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers.
- Support Field Superintendents in all areas
- Handle pressure and confrontation effectively; remains calm and cool-headed
- Become proficient in project management software, including:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- On-Screen Takeoff
- Enhance Reed Construction’s reputation with the Client/ Architect/ Subcontractor through your performance.
- Expand your network by planning and attending appropriate social and business events.
- Spots business development opportunities; performs follow up calls chasing bids; negotiates and closes deals
- Ability to bring strong Owner/Architect contacts based on strong working relationships
- Demonstrates ability to book repeat clients based on superb project work and interactions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to foresee and circumvent risk appropriately
- Ability to collaboratively lead teams; able to delegate tasks and follow up
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good presentation skills; ability to persuade others; good negotiation skills
- Organized, efficient, and responsive to the needs of internal and external clients
- Experience with project management software (Procore, On-Screen Takeoff, Timberline, Microsoft Project)
This is a full-time, salaried position. The work is typically performed in an office environment with occasional project site visits. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel Percentage: 0-25%
Reed Construction is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.