Job Purpose: Coordinate all aspects of the Foster Program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain excellent communication regarding foster animals with shelter staff, volunteer program leadership and foster families.
- Facilitate the scheduling of animals with foster volunteers for placement, appointments and returns.
- Ability to administer booster vaccines and dewormer or willingness to learn.
- Coordinate recruitment and promotional events for the foster program.
- Strategize future plans for foster program growth (i.e. radio/television interviews).
- Host foster orientations to recruit and evaluate potential foster care volunteers.
- Expand foster program into businesses, ALFs, hotels, etc.
- Undergo public interviews and represent the foster program with detailed knowledge and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with foster families.
- Implement foster job descriptions and expectations. Take disciplinary action when necessary.
- Schedule and coordinate examinations on foster animals with veterinary services staff; ensure implementation of treatment and coordinate follow up visits.
- Perform a daily walkthrough of animals awaiting foster and re-evaluate priority placements.
- Scan medical areas for potential foster cases, despite stage of awaiting foster. Discuss candidates with supervisor.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized communication.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate software daily.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.