The Digital Marketing & Content Specialist is a full-time exempt position of 40 hours a week reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications. The BACs Marketing and Communications Team is a small, nimble team responsible for all of the Colleges marketing, branding, institutional communications, public relations, social media, website content and graphics. The Digital Marketing & Content Specialist plays a significant role in communicating what distinquishes the BAC and its programs from its competitors; building social connections with key stakeholders--including employees, BAC students and alumni, the professional community, media, and informing and engaging with the community to promote news and accomplishments at the BAC.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL Functions:
- Working with the marketing and communications team, develop a comprehensive digital content strategy and calendar for all the colleges official print and digital communications channels in support of the Colleges recruitment, advancement and reputational goals.
- In collaboration with the director of marketing and communications produce official College publications including writing features
- Develop social media campaigns to enhance engagement and drive traffic to BAC website with emphasis on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Manage institutional electronic communications through Campaign Monitor.
- Write newsworthy and targeted content to be shared with local press, influencers, bloggers, and provide media relations support.
- Monitor media coverage involving the institution.
- Collaborate with the Web Marketing Specialist to ensure website kept up to date and consistent with branding and editorial guidelines
- Support production and execution of institutional events using digital media outlets.
- Support additional needs throughout institution, including governance, education, and enrollment management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team and Interpersonal Skills: Building positive relationships with other team members including support staff and senior staff.
- Service Orientation: Haivng a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, treat students and other employees in such a way that they feel well served by a professional representative of the BAC.
- Confidentiality and Discretion: Ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of student and employee records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged or confidential information.
- Candidate must be able to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None