Are you interested in serving as an integral part of our Business Intelligence (BI) team developing new reporting and capabilities?
In this critical and diverse role within the BI team, you will collaborate with operations, process and technology teams to build and deliver strategic and front-line solutions to change business behaviors that drive real value through Business Intelligence (BI) solutions you get to create.
This role will understand and translate business needs into requirements. Using those requirements, they will recommend options, build reports and dashboards, and train and support CHFA employees to enable their success. The Tableau Developer will be recognized as a subject matter expert in reporting and analytics and expected to lead the delivery of data visualizations, reporting and self-serve analytics across the organization as well as promote the value of BI solutions. The Tableau Developer will help drive the evolution of data use within CHFA and help CHFA employees understand how to take advantage of advanced visualization and analytics capabilities.
- Tableau Developer will design, develop, and deliver high performance Tableau dashboards, workbooks, and visualizations providing Business Intelligence solutions for the entire CHFA organization.
- Provide deep Tableau Server knowledge and expertise to the team on how to build and maintain Tableau Server dashboards and reports.
- Design, develop and implement BI solutions leveraging Tableau Desktop, Tableau Online, Tableau Prep, and Tableau Server with proven experience in creating advanced data visualizations, including custom visualizations, discovery, structuring, cleaning, enriching, validation, and publishing
- Performance tune Tableau dashboards (optimize extracts, limit fields/records, marks, optimize/materialize calculations, query optimization, workbook cleanup).
- Create BI dashboards for strategic measures and projects and related finance information as well as corporate and divisional KPIs.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and design optimal solutions at the report / dashboard level (Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services).
- Apply intermediate SQL abilities (SQL joins, pivots, common table expressions, temp tables, aggregations
- Work with end users to gather BI requirements (use cases, visualization, drill up/down, hierarchies, tables, pivots, outcomes, and data sources, etc.)
- Build data models. Prepare, wrangle, and model the data to derive effective data models to support performance BI solutions.
- Understand technical data sources, data structures, data quality and necessary transformations to aggregate, enrich, validate, and publish data.
- Develop and optimize BI Dashboards, Reports, Data Models, and data flows.
- Participate in delivery of BI solutions with vendors.
- Test and validate accuracy of data in reports, analytics and dashboards.
- Consult with business units on reporting and analytics needs
- Understand business unit needs; help to set realistic expectations; establish specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitor client satisfaction.
- Work with other members of CHFA’s BI team collaboratively with high-level direction from the IT Director.
- Participate and contribute in all activities and/or projects that directly support CHFA in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision through dedication to the community in which CHFA serves, operational excellence, and fiscal responsibility.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
what you'll be part of ... our Culture
We believe our culture will make us uniquely different from our competitors. Our IT team’s foundation is built on trust, transparency, appreciating diversity and inclusion, and innovation. We are caring, collaborative and committed. Learn more about CHFA’s mission, vision and values on our website at https://www.chfainfo.com/about/Pages/history.aspx and on our career site at www.chfainfo.com/careers.
who you'll work with
In BI, we make an impact by providing BI solutions and expertise to internal teams in the organization who are facing business and financial decisions. We specialize in creating executive and individual performance applications using the latest data visualization technologies and leading reporting tools. We continually seek out opportunities to improve our effectiveness through analyzing data, processes and systems.
how you'll grow
We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take calculated risks, and explore outside the box.
benefits you'll receive
Work for a mission-based organization with a great purpose. Get to use cutting edge tools. Ability to contribute technical and analytical expertise to help redesign the BI architecture within the company. Receive competitive salary, full benefits, remote working capability, flexible work environment, parking cost reimbursement, on-site gym and classes, on-site massage, PERA plan, 401K and much more.