Advanced Home Health is looking for Physical Therapist Assistants to be part of our wonderful team to support our continued growth. Advanced Home Health is a locally owned and operated agency. We are seeking talented and compassionate therapist that want to make a significant difference in the lives of their patients.
The physical therapy assistant provides physical therapy services under the direction of the physical therapist and according to the physician's plan of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care.
- Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle re-education, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
- Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound, and massage.
- Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in patient's condition.
- Instruct patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient's clinical record in prescribed time frames.
- Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization In-service Education Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.