To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required, Master’s degree or PhD highly preferred; Business degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in a business or corporate development in the biotech/pharma space
- 5+ years of experience successfully implementing complex corporate development projects
- Demonstrated track record of having closed business licenses in the biotech space
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Results-oriented, high energy self-starter with high level of personal initiative and an attitude of continuous improvement
- Must be science and data driven; solid analytical skills and ability to apply market research concepts and methodologies to drug development decisions and product valuations
- Demonstrated record of success in business development in a highly success driven organization
- Hands-on experience successfully evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing a variety of large and complex licensing and/or partnership transactions
- Solid experience/understanding of rare and ultra-rare disease therapies
- Ability to apply a commercial view toward ensuring high potential industry value for the product
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and valuation skills a must
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently, with agility and independence
This is a high growth, fast paced, and small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a scientifically led and data driven work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion is required, it is anticipated that this will be up to 30% of work time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Including but not limited to: Sitting for greater than 75% of your time, standing and walking for up to 25% of your time. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Use of hands to fingers for typing and other computer activity for up to 75% of your time. Reaching with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 25% of your time. Ability to lift, up to 25lbs, less than 25% of the time.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.