Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity and respect.
Recovery Counseling Services (RCS) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) This program is a CARF accredited, and Department of Public Health licensed, co-occurring clinic providing outpatient substance abuse and mental health services in a trauma-informed environment to adult men and women. Located in Bridgeport, Connecticut, the facility accepts men and women ages 18 and older with needs regarding substance abuse only, mental health issues only, or with co-occurring issues relating to both areas.
Specialized Intensive Outpatient tracks serve young adults, primary Spanish Speakers, and women dealing with trauma.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and Tuesday and Thursday 12pm - 8pm
- Conducts screening, intake, orientation, and assessment of clients to obtain information concerning substance abuse, mental health, medical history or other pertinent information.
- Implements therapeutic treatment using approved methods of planning, case management and crisis intervention to assist clients in overcoming substance use and mental health disorders as well as other life issues.
- Utilizes evidence-based theories and techniques to effectively counsel individuals, groups and families.
- Actively engages in the role of group facilitator and promotes group process
- Integrates discharge planning throughout the treatment process including the beginning, middle and termination phases of treatment.
- Manages time appropriately to ensure that group and individual sessions occur at appointed times and that all documentation deadlines are met including but not limited to; treatment plans, SOAP notes, court reports, billing, discharges and intakes.
- Learns and follows regulations and stipulations for the Federal Probation contract for specialized programs including adhering to timeliness of court reports and documentation.
- Follows all protocols of Federal Probation contract including but not limited to; meeting with the team regularly to discuss client care, seeks approval for changes in level of care prior to referral, makes clinical recommendations and provides ideas to support client success in the specialized re-entry programs.
- Learns and follows regulations and stipulations for the Enhanced Care Clinic contract.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning recovery plan and amends plan as directed and in collaboration with client served.
- Provides information and education to individuals, groups and families concerning co-occurring issues.
- Refers clients to supportive services to compliment treatment and counseling with prior approval from the Federal Probation specialized re-entry program team.
- Prepares and maintains quality clinical records for assigned caseload of Federal Probation clients.
- Issues accurate and timely reports as requested by Federal Probation -ensuring applicable consent forms are present in charts and client confidentiality is maintained to federal and state standards.
- Ability to follow procedure in collecting and sending toxicology samples and utilizing the proper laboratory forms for same gender clients. Uses the specific lab for Federal Probation.
- Meets regularly with supervisor for supervision as outlined in the personnel policy.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.