The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of Communicable Disease (BCD), part of the Division of Disease Control, is composed of seven units/programs which are responsible for monitoring and investigating 73 infectious diseases including viral hepatitis, foodborne, waterborne, vector-borne and zoonotic diseases. BCD also monitors and analyzes trends in disease data and provides consultation to the medical community and the public on the recognition, prevention and control of communicable diseases. BCD is currently supporting the citywide COVID-19 response under the DOHMH’s Incident Command System.
We are seeking to fill one position in the Congregate Settings Investigation and Response Unit which will provide data quality and analytic support for outbreak investigation of COVID exposures in residential congregate facilities. It is expected that each Investigator will work 35 hours per week.
- Work with investigative teams to facilitate accurate data entry in surveillance system.
- Perform management, cleaning, and analysis of congregate setting investigation data using statistical software.
- Evaluate and analyze data to inform evaluation and quality improvement of investigations.
- Create data dashboards and other data visualization tools to track progress to inform continuous quality improvement of the Congregate Settings Investigation and Response Unit.
- Oversee the development of routine data reports customized for internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in congregate setting investigations, as needed.