- Conduct psychiatric evaluations and formulate accurate diagnoses in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM).
- Develop and manage treatment plans
- Review and manage medication only treatment plans for psychiatric staff
- Proficiency in using e-prescribing software system
- Manage prior authorization requests
- Manage prescribed medication, perform mental status examinations, develop and present clear clinical impressions and recommendations that are specific and attainable.
- Provide therapeutic interventions that take into account client’s age-specific safety needs and that are appropriate to specific problems.
- Develop and document clear clinical formulations.
- Prescribe medications.
- Utilize best practices and evidenced based practice models where appropriate and adhere to model and program expectations.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis in order to monitor their progress and to make any necessary changes to their medication regimen.
- Communicate in a positive, effective manner with client, family, and all internal and external providers and attend any required meetings and supervision.
- Educate clients about preventative care and the prescribed treatment.
- Document evaluations of and interactions with clients, including medication and treatment administered in compliance with agency policy.
- Provide consultation on behavioral and mental health to clinical staff
- Triage clinical emergencies and implement program specific safety and consultation protocols.
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal and external levels of care, referral processes and resources and make clinically appropriate referrals for identified service needs in a timely manner.
- Consult with Medical Director on a regularly scheduled basis and seek additional supervision or consultation as needed.
- Meet direct service productivity goals as defined by program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of program/department/agency goals and target outcomes, and adhere to practice standards and to data collection and reporting protocols.
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Licensed and certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate from an ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) accredited program.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in psychiatric treatment of adolescent/young adult population.
- Holds a mental health certification, or Obtains a mental health certification within 2 years of being hired.
- Must have physical dexterity in order to assist in client physical interventions when necessary.
- Must complete and pass agency Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training and maintain certification.
- Must be able to ambulate freely throughout the campus and to travel to other agency locations.
- Must have emotional stability to perform essential job functions.
- Proficient with telehealth platforms
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required .
- Telephone required.
- Able to adapt hours to needs of the position.
- Ability to implement agency policies and programming including but not limited to the following, maintenance of therapeutic milieu, personnel practices, management practices, and positive discipline.
- Must be eligible for PA State Police, PA Child Abuse History and FBI clearances.
- Nursing Practices
- Personnel Practices
- Management Practices
- Organization Skills
- Philosophy of Organization
- Analytical and Problem Solving Ability
Part-Time (50% onsite, 50% telehealth)
Who We Are:Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 5,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings. Equal Opportunity Employer